HOLD BOYLSTON ELOCUTION CONTEST IN SANDERS AT 8

Ten Orators Will Compete for Prizes in Public Speaking--Music by Glee Club.

The Boylston Prizes in Elocution for this year will be awarded this evening after the annual public contest, which will be held at 8 o'clock in Sanders Theatre. The ten men selected at the preliminary trials held two weeks ago will recite at this time a varied program of modern selections. There are two first prizes of $30 each and three second prizes of $20 each. The prizes were founded in 1870 by Ward Nicholas Boylston '35 for the promotion of public speaking at Harvard.

Between the speeches and during the time while the judges are deliberating, a double quartet from the Glee Club will entertain.

The program follows, the order of speakers being determined by lot: Daniel Webster--His Genius and Character,  Edward Everett Josiah David Segal '21. The Spell of the Yukon,  Robert Service William McHenry Keyser '20. The Artist's Secret,  Olive Schreiner Joseph Turkel '21. An Ode of Dedication (1917),  Hermann Hagedorn Charles William Eliot, 2d, '20. The Raven,  Edgar Allen Poe Malcolm Howard Dill '20. The New World--To the People of the United States,  Lawrence Benyon Benjamin Isadore Sperling '21. The Death of Rodriguez,  Richard Harding Davis Frederick Clifton Packard, Jr., '20. On Resistance to Great Britain.  Patrick Henry Bung-chen Chen '21. Fuzzy-Wuzzy,  Rudyard Kipling James Gore King, Jr., '20. Thousaint L'Overture,  Wendell Phillips Richard Blynn Varnum '21.