CRIMSON TENNIS TEAM VICTORIOUS OVER M. I. T.

Makes Total of 11 Contests Won This Season--Face Pittsburgh This Afternoon

The University tennis team gained its 11th victory of the season yesterday afternoon by blanking M. I. T. 6-0. Four of the matches were easily won by the Crimson players in straight sets, but the first two contests were strenuous three-set battles. The match between Captain G. W. Helm '20 and H. Brockman, the opposing leader, was the feature of the afternoon, the former, by his superior serving and net work finally triumphing 11-9, 1-6, 6-4. L. A. de Turenne '21, playing No. 2, also had a hard contest against W. A. Cauldwell, whom he defeated 6-1, 4-6, 6-1, in spite of the Technologist's fast-dropping ground strokes which left the match undecided until the last set.

This afternoon at 4 o'clock at Divinity Field the University team will encounter the University of Pittsburg. The latter team is unusually strong this year, having won every match so far. The Crimson line-up will be the same as yesterday.

A hard match is also scheduled for the yearlings, who will meet Brookline High School. Their outlook, though the schoolboys always have a fast team, is bright, to judge from their record, which is free from defeats, except by the University players.

Tonight the University six will leave for New York, where they will play the West Side Tennis Club team tomorrow.