GEORGE WIGGLESWORTH NEW UNION PRESIDENT

LIBRARY COMMITTEE APPOINTED

Mr. George Wigglesworth '74 LL.B. '78, of Boston, has been appointed to succeed the late Major Henry Lee Higginson '52, who died on November 14, 1919, as President of the Harvard Union. Mr. Wigglesworth has long been connected with the University as a member of the Board of Overseers, having begun his service in 1909, his present term expiring in 1924. He is now serving on the Executive Committee of the Board. During his long career he has risen to be one of the most prominent lawyers in Boston.

The Corporation has appointed John Ulric Nef '20, of Chicago, Illinois, as Graduate Manager of the Union for the academic year 1920-1921. In this capacity he will succeed David M. Little '18, this year's Manager.

New Library Committee Formed

A new Library Committee has also been appointed for the coming year. Professor Roy K. Hack is the new member from the Faculty. The Committee is composed of the following: Professor George H. Chase '96, chairman; Professor Charles T. Copeland '82, Professor Roy K. Hack, Stoddard B. Colby '21, Burris A. Jenkins '19, Bryant Prescott '21, Ira J. Williams Jr. '20, and Milton E. Lord '19, Secretary and Librarian.

The final meeting and reception of this year's Library Committee will be held Wednesday evening, May 26, at 5 o'clock, in the Union Library. At this time there will be an informal reception for the members of next year's committee, and a discussion of plans.

The Governing Board of the Union will have a small dinner this evening at 7 o'clock in the Trophy Room for the purpose of discussing the activities of the year, and plans for next season for broadening the scope of the work. President Lowell, Mr. Wigglesworth, H. H. Faxon '21, the new Vice-President, and this year's undergraduate committee are to be present.