University Twelve Triumphs, 4-3

By a single point the University lacrosse team defeated by a 4-3 score the Hobart twelve, one of the strongest teams in the intercollegiate league, in the first of the 1920 championship games at Geneva Saturday. The first period was hard-fought, both sides defending the cage so alertly that only one ball got by each goal-tend. At the beginning of the second half the Hobart players livened up, and with only seven minutes to play, the score stood 3-1 against the University. W. W. Thompson '20, and Capt. L. Hall '20, staged a vigorous rally, and with the excellent support of the defence and attack men drove through twice, scoring both times. An extra period was added and in the last few minutes Thompson caged the winning goal. The University team will meet Cornell at Ithaca this afternoon in the second title game.

Saturday's line-up against Hobart follows: G., Pratt; p., Steele; c.p., Merchant; 1d., Leslie; 2d., Weatherhead; 3d., Hirschberg; c., Bragger; 3a., Thompson; 2a., Capt. Hall; 1a., Bradley; o.h., Fren-year; i.h., Kimball.