FINAL 1922 SMOKER TONIGHT

AMENDMENTS TO CONSTITUTION TO BE VOTED UPON IN UNION AT 7.30.

The Sophomore class will have its last smoker of the year this evening at 7.30 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union. The occasion will be featured by a discussion and vote on the amendments to the constitution of the three lower classes in regard to the election of class officers, recently proposed by the Student Council and already adopted by the class of 1923. The purpose of these amendments is, by establishing the minimum number of votes necessary for a valid election as 60 percent of the members of the class, to make all elections representative of the class as a whole. The amendments, to be added to Article 3 of the constitution, are worded as follows:

Section 10. Any election of class officers shall be declared valid if percent or more of the members of the class affected shall have voted.

Section 11. If at any election a sufficient number of votes is not cast at the first ballot, further balloting shall be held at intervals of not more than 10 days, suffrage being restricted to those members who have not already voted, until a sufficient number of votes has been cast.

Beside acting on these amendments, the class will hear short speeches by the class officers, and the Treasurer will read his report for the year. The motion pictures to be shown are Wallace Reid in "Double Speed" and a Mack Sennett comedy, "His Last False Step." Lowe's orchestra will furnish a program of popular and college music during the evening and the customary refreshments and cigarettes will be served.