COLT PRESENTS 1922 SCHOLARSHIP TO SELF

GORE WINNER OF SONG CONTEST

Marion Wesley Seli '23 of Abilene, Texas, was awarded the 1922 Class Memorial Scholarship by H. F. Colt '22, in behalf of the class of 1922, at the Freshman Jubilee last night. Self, who prepared at Hotchkiss, played this fall at right guard on the Freshman football team, was a member of the track squad and is now rowing number 4 in the second '23 shell.

This scholarship is annually presented to that member of the Freshman class who, in academic record, achievements in athletics and other extra-curriculum activities, is considered to have done most for his class.

In awarding this scholarship the Sophomore class adheres to the custom established by the class of 1919, which awarded the first memorial scholarship to F. K. Bullard '20. The classes of 1920 and 1921 continued the custom by presenting scholarships to J. A. Sessions '21 and H. F. Colt '22 respectively.

Gore Wins Song Contest

In the singing contests held last night as part of the Jubilee entertainment, Gore Hall won possession for a year of the silver cup. This is the first time in four years that the prize has been awarded to Gore Hall, Standish Hall having won last year, and the Smith Halls the two years previously. The judges of the singing were Dr. Richard C. Cabot '89, Mr. Joseph Lee '83 and Mr. Frederick Lowell '95.

The program sung and the respective dormitory song leaders are as follows:

Smith Halls--B. S. Cogan, Leader.

There is a Tavern in the Town.

Triumphal March.

Class Song.

Standish Hall--W. C. Bennett, Leader.

Jingle Bells.

Integer Vitae.

Class Song.

Gore Hall--G. F. Warburg, Leader.

Spanish Cavalier.

Anvil Chorus.

Class Song.