PENNSYLVANIA VICTORS OVER CRIMSON NINE IN APRIL PLAY HERE AT 3

GOODE AND HUNTZINGER ARE RIVALS ON PITCHING SLAB

E. F. Goode '22, who was sent against the Californians Wednesday after their hitting fest in the sixth, will probably start on the mound today against Pennsylvania in the game to be played on Soldiers Field at 3 this afternoon. Otherwise Coach Slattery will make no change in his line-up which he has used since the last Princeton game.

The Pennsylvanians, who have once before taken the count of the University to the tune of 6-4 will start Huntzinger on the mound today. The rest of the Red and Blue team is made up for the most part of veterans. McNichol, Strauss, Warwick and Harvey all were on the nine which last spring defeated the University. Schriver, the left-handed shortstop, is a Californian who has shown up well this spring, and for whom great hopes are held. Besides handling well in the field, he has the ability, rare in a south-paw, of hitting right and left-handed pitchers equally well.

Pennsylvania has had a remarkably good season this spring, its only serious setback being against Yale, 6-4, and last Saturday against Columbia, 1-0. In the Yale contest the Quakers were in the lead until the eighth inning, when the Elis rallied, collecting three runs. Huntzinger, who has an otherwise good record this spring, was driven from the box early in this contest.

Saturday, Meany, the lanky Columbia twirler who held the University to four runs, was the cause of the Pennsylvanians' defeat, holding them to five hits and striking out ten men. Columbia scored her lone run with the aid of a costly error by Yates at first. Besides this miss Pennsylvania committed three others, Schriver one and Sheffey two.

Besides these two defeats Pennsylvania's record has been uniformly good. At the outset of the season they defeated Lafayette. Then Rutgers and the Unisity bowed before them. Recently they broke even in two encounters with Dartmouth. In the game played last Wednesday they experienced no difficulty in winning from the Green by a 5-1 score. Dartmouth did not threaten until the last inning, when a hit, followed by two errors, allowed a run to cross the plate. Huntzinger pitched well for the Quakers, holding his opponents to four scattered hits. HARVARD.  PENNSYLVANIA. Conlon, s.s.  2b., McNichol Hallock, c.f.  s.s., Schriver Emmons, 2b.  3b., Sweeney Jones, 1b.  c.f., Strauss Hallowell, r.f.  c., Warwick Frothingham, l.f.  1b., Yates Lincoln, 3b.  r.f., Myers Blair, c.  l.f., Harvey Goode, p.  p., Huntzinger