HARDING AND COOLIDGE CLUB OPENS CAMPAIGN

TO WORK WITH STATE COMMITTEE

Political campaigning in the University has started with the Harding and Coolidge Club of Harvard holding a systematic canvass for members in College and organizing to aid the State Committee in any possible way. No definite program of work has been mapped out as yet, but it is thought that Governor Coolidge, Senator Lodge, and possibly Senator Harding, may be procured to speak. The State Committee has also asked to have the members of the club take part in a big torchlight procession to be held just previous to the election.

J. N. Hamlin '22 has been named general chairman of the organization, while J. W. Laird '22 has been appointed chairman of the Committee on Membership, and G. A. Biles Unc. is chairman of the Committee on Special Services. The full committees have not as yet been appointed, but the following men in College are working with the organization: Dean Kenneth B. Murdock, Assistant Dean Donald David of the Business School, C. W. Alexander 1 G.B., A. Horween Occ., D. E. Snodgrass 3L., and R. W. Emmons 3d Occ.

All the work done by the club will be in cooperation with the State Republican Committee. Men holding membership cards will be entitled to reserved seats at all of the meetings and rallies of the club.