HOOVER DRIVE IN UNIVERSITY GETS UNDER WAY TODAY

HERBERT HOOVER ISSUES APPEAL TO COLLEGE MEN

The Hoover Drive in the University was officially organized last night when H. H. Faxon '21, president of the Student Council, appointed Sheridan Logan '23 chairman of the Drive Committee. Canvassing will begin tomorrow and will continue for approximately one week. All proceeds will be used to help feed the 3,500,000 starving children of Europe.

The following men, who have been appointed as class chairmen for this campaign, must report to Sheridan Logan at the Crimson Building today between 1.30 and 3.45 without fail: Gardner Forster,  Class of 1921 Rupert Emerson,  Class of 1922 E. S. Webster,  Class of 1923 F. T. Baldwin,  Class of 1924

A list of the dormitory chairmen will appear in the CRIMSON tomorrow.

An appeal which Mr. Hoover has made to the college students of America follows: "One hundred thousand of your fellow-students in Europe are greatly suffering this winter because they lack food, fuel and clothing. For the future, of Europe, these students should stay at their studies. You and I can make this possible. We need to assist each student, on the average, to the extent of ten dollars, a total sum of one million dollars."