1924 SEPTET LOSES 3 TO 1

CRONIN CAMBRIDGE LATIN STAR

Yesterday afternoon on the Charles River rink the Freshman hockey team in their first game were defeated by the Cambridge Latin School by a score of 3-1. Lamont was the only member of the 1924 team to score a tally against the opponents. Both teams showed lack of practice and team-work. The game was hard-fought and at time rough, although few penalties were inflicted.

Brigham Saves Many Tallies

During the entire first period the puck was kept well down in the Crimson end of the rink. Scattering shots were attempted, but Brigham, the yearling goal tend, warded them off successfully, until Foley of Cambridge Latin poked the puck into the cage after a scrimmage in front of the goal. Crosby, last year's captain at Newton High, and Lee of Milton, were especially strong for the Crimson.

Lamont Scores in Second Period

In the second period the 1924 team rallied and with more fight and team-play kept the puck farther from their end of the rink. In this period Lamont, for 1924, broke loose near the center of the rink and carrying the puck unaided took it to the Cambridge Latin goal, netting it securely. The period ended with the score tied at 1-1.

In the last period the first year men weakened and their opponents caged two goals in rapid succession.

After this the Crimson players rallied but were unable to score.

The summary:

Score, Cambridge Latin 3, Harvard 1924 1. Goals, Foley, Cronin 2, Lamont. Referee, Winteratoin. Goal umpires, Obrian, Nash. Time, two 12 and one 10-minute period. HARVARD 1924.  CAMBRIDGE LATIN. Clough, Louderbach, r.w.  r.w., Cronin Phillips, Cabot, r.c.  r.c., Zarachov Lamont, Phillips, l.c.  l.c., Foley Lee, Dwight, l.w.  l.w., Culhane, Troden Crosby, c.p.  c.p., Shea Graves, p.  p., Gautreau Brigham, g.  g., Fitzgerald