"HOOVER" LEADERS GATHER

YALE NOT YET UNDER WAY

Mr. Weist, personal representative of Mr. Hoover in the colleges and universities of the country, spoke to the leaders of the Hoover Drive in the Crimson Building last night. He pointed out that in planning the drive Mr. Hoover had set a definite total of $1,000,000 for the colleges of the country, believing that students would be among the first who would wish to revive the leadership of Europe, an end only to be gained by keeping alive the starving students of Europe. He stressed the fact that to reach the total, not only would all those who were capable have to subscribe $10, the amount necessary to save one life; but also all others would have to subscribe a certain amount to reach the average quota. Mr. Weist also gave some of the details and quotas at other colleges. Cornell has set a goal of $10,000, Illinois of $30,000. At Yale the committee in charge has determined to seek a maximum of $15,000 and a minimum of $10,000. At Yale the plans for the drive are near completion, and according to dispatches received last night the drive will get under way in the near future.