T. W. LAMONT TO SPEAK AT UNION MONDAY

Graduate Board of Union to Give Dinner in His Honor Preceding His Speech

Mr. Thomas William Lamont '92, well known banker and business man, will be the speaker in the Living Room of the Union next Monday evening, January 10, at 8 o'clock. This is the seventh of the Union's main lecture series. Although Mr. Lamont has not definitely announced his subject, it is expected that he will talk on the situation in the Far East as he has lately returned from an extended tour through China and Japan. On this trip he was serving as one of the representatives of the American Group in the arranging of the Contortion for China. He will bring some interesting new maps which will help in illustrating his points. The lecture will be open to all members of the Union.

During his undergraduate years, Mr. Lamont was President of the CRIMSON and prominent in many other college activities. After graduation he became a reporter on the New York Tribune and later secretary and treasurer of the Bankers' Trust Company. Some time after this step he became Vice-President of the First National Bank of New York and he has been a member of the firm of J. P. Morgan and Company since 1911.

Prominent Business Man

Mr. Lamont is now a director of many large companies and corporations, among which may be named the International Harvester Company, Lamont, Cordless & Company, and the Crowell Publishing Company, and is the owner of the New York Evening Post. He has been a member of the Board of Overseers of the University since 1912 and a trustee of Phillips Exeter Academy and smith College for some years. More recently he has been joint chairman with Eliot Wadsworth '98 of the Harvard Endowment Fund and active in many boards and committees.

Preceding Mr. Lamont's speech, a dinner will be given in his honor,--to which several members of the Faculty and graduates of the University will be invited. The dinner is to be given by the Governing Board of the Union in the Trophy Room of the Union at 7 o'clock.