YALE AND PRINCETON FACE DIFFICULT TASK

Elis Meet Army Tomorrow With All Men in the Best of Condition--Bowl Will Be Filled--Tigers Oppose Chicago With Many Injured Players

Meeting her first opponent of proven ability, Yale will oppose West Point in the Bowl tomorrow with an even stronger team than she has had thus far this season.

The Bowl will be filled for the first time this fall, seventy-seven thousand spectators being expected.

With Yale's team reinforced by several of her strong players who have been on the injured list, the veteran Army eleven will need its full strength to show up to advantage. Batty, a sophomore guard who was operated on for appendicitis early in the season has been in uniform this week, and, if used, he will do much to strengthen the center of the Yale line.

The Elis can rely on Captain Aldrich and Jordan for substantial line gains, and with O'Hearn at quarter and Neidlinger a possibility at half, the Army wings may be circled successfully.

Army Loses French

Army will enter the game weakened by the loss of fullback French, who was hurt in scrimmage on Wednesday. No other casualties in the Army camp have been reported, however, so that otherwise the team is expected to line up as in last Saturday's contest. West Point is relying on her line to stop Jordan and Captain Aldrich this week, and to open up holes for Smyth, Wood and McLaren who have been carrying the ball with great success.

Palmer Stadium will be the scene of what promises to be one of the most interesting contests of the season, when Princeton and Chicago clash tomorrow afternoon.

In spite of the defeat at the hands of Navy last week, Princeton is favored to win by a considerable margin. She will go on the field with a far more experienced team than the westerners, but injuries have seriously weakened her combination; it is not yet definitely known whether Lourie and Garrity, on whose condition Princeton's chances may rest, will be in the line-up. To add to misfortunes, Newby, who has been playing right half, was injured this week in a scrimmage with the Freshman, while Gordon, another backfield player, suffered a broken leg while crossing the goal line for the only University score of the scrimmage. This leaves Princeton with a dearth of seasoned backfield men, which should react to Chicago's advantage, as it is expected that Coach Stagg will depend to a large extent upon forward passes and shift plays with end runs for the Maroon offensive, plays that put the greatest strain on the defensive backfield.

Keck to Play Tomorrow

In the last scrimmage on Wednesday the Princeton eleven lined up with Stinson and Tyson at ends, Hooper and Von Shilling, tackles, Morgan and Lipscomb, guards, and Graffin, center. Euwer was at quarter, and Newby. Gilroy and Van Gerbig completed the backfield. In tomorrow's game, howover, it is fairly certain that Keck will start at left tackle, with Baker at guard and Wittmer at center. Cleaves is expected to take Newby's place at half.