TO CONSIDER ENTRANCE INTO NEW ASSOCIATIONS

Athletic Committee at Meeting Tonight Will Take Up Question of Membership of University in Four New Athletic Leagues

Among the measures to be taken up at the meeting of the Athletic Committee this evening will be the question of whether the University will join the New England Intercollegiate Basketball, Wrestling, Swimming and Boxing Associations. These associations were formed at a recent meeting of a special organization committee of the New England Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, at which the University was represented by J. P. Merrill '23, manager of the University wrestling team.

Nine colleges sent representatives to the meeting, and as the leagues are open to all colleges in New England, others are expected to join. At the end of the seasons of each of these sports the Associations will hold meets to determine the champion in each sport, and in the case of basketball an elimination tournament will be staged.

Major F. W. Moore '93, graduate treasurer of the University Athletic Association was the sole nominee for the presidency of the Wrestling Association. Officers for all of the Associations will be elected from the faculty representatives of the colleges, although an undergraduate will be on the committee of each sport.