1925 SECONDS TO PLAY ON DORMITORY TEAMS

Candidates Will All be Coached and Put on First Squad if Improvement Is Shown--Second Scrimmage of Season Held

Realizing that some good men never develop until late in the season, Coach Campbell announced yesterday that extensive plans had been made for the second Freshman football squad. From now on these men will be divided into three groups for an interdormitory series. For each group there will be a coach, D. Mck. Key '22 for Gore, J. W. Watson '22 for Smith and Bayard Wharton '22 for Standish, while E. D. Hamiltion '23 will have charge of all the linemen. It is planned to give all men individual instruction and anyone showing promise will be immediately shifted to the first squad.

A schedule has been arranged for the series. On October 14 Gore will play Smith, the following week Gore will meet Standish, while on October 23, Standish will have a game with Smith. In case of tie, a game will be played on November 4. Mr. D. G. Kelley of the Department of Physical Education will referee all of the games.

Due to the crowded condition of the Freshman Dormitories many men are living outside but are eating at the Freshman Dining Halls. All such men will be assigned to the team of the dormitory where they eat. Men neither living nor eating in the Halls will be divided equally among the three teams.

Yearlings Have Stiff Scrimmage

A hard scrimmage was the feature of yesterday's practice for the first squad. After a stiff session of preliminary work in which the line practiced offensive charge and breaking through, while the backs and the ends received instruction in forward passes, two teams were sent on the field. Since it was only the second scrimmage of the season, neither side worked very smoothly, and although several end runs were made for long gains, both teams were unable to gain consistently through the line. Punting was resorted to by both sides, the only score being made when a team A end blocked a punt which one of his teammates seized and carried across the line for a touchdown.

No definite teams have been picked as yet and Coach Campbell does not expect to announce his first team until later in the week.