STUDENTS URGED TO DO SOCIAL SERVICE WORK

"Now is the Time to Begin, and Here is the Place", Says Mr. F. L. Bullard--Men May Enlist at Phillips Brooks House Immediately

"Opportunity for service is just around the corner, right next door. Now is the time to begin, and here is the place." With these words Mr. F. L. Bullard of the Boston Herald urged men to take part in social service work when speaking at a meeting of men interested in this activity at Phillips Brooks House last night.

"Some Men Who Served" was the subject of his speech, and in discussing this he took as examples men from all walks of life, showing how capitalist, labor leader, politician, and professional man, as well as trained worker had through untiring effort and earnest endeavor served humanity.

The scope and need of work by genuinely interested and intelligent volunteer workers was explained by Professor James Ford '05 of the Social Ethics Department, while undergraduates told of the work from different points of view.

All men of the University, whether they attended the meeting or not, may enlist at the Phillips Brooks House within the next few days. The Social Service Committee will keep office hours every morning until organization of the workers is completed.