OFFER MANY CHANCES FOR INDOOR EXERCISE

Classes and Instruction at Hemenway Gymnasium and Freshman Athletic Building--Opportunities Open at Squash Courts and Swimming Pool

Owing to the fact that practically all the outdoor sports ended last week, the department of Physical Education is starting the many indoor activities which will hold the stage until next spring.

At the Hemenway Gymnasium boxing classes are held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 1.45, 2.45, 3.45 and 4.45; the last class is not available, however, as it is already filled to capacity. In addition to this, on Tuesdays and Thursdays the boxing room is open under the charge of one of the instructors from 4 to 6 o'clock, at which time the room and the gloves may be used by any member of the University.

Meeting at 4 o'clock, also on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, is the track squad, consisting of about 50 men who, earlier in the fall, were working with Coach Bingham outside. Any one, however, is free to join the class.

Fencing instruction is also offered three times a week at 3.30, but wrestling will probably not get under way officially until the beginning of December.

The 5 o'clock gymnasium class meets on the main gymnasium floor daily, but 1925 men electing this for their regular physical exercise may attend on a three day a week basis.

At the Freshman Athletic Building a wide choice of activities is offered for first year men, all compulsory classes, however, coming but three times a week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Indoor baseball is played from 2 to 4 o'clock, a special boxing class in held at 5 o'clock, while the sections for corrective exercises will start next Monday. At present there is informal basketball practice every afternoon from 4 to 6 o'clock, but beginning Monday there will be an exercise group meeting three times a week at 4 o'clock, and the regular Yearling basketball squad practicing daily at 5 o'clock under Assistant Coach J. R. Tolbert Jr. 1L.

On Linden street the Randolph squash courts are open all day, but from 1.30 to 5 o'clock in the afternoon is divided into periods of one half hour each, for which men must sign at the office. Freshmen electing squash as their regular physical exercise must play on Monday, Wednesday of Friday during one of the regular period or sign up for one of the 12 o'clock sections which meet either on Monday' Wednesday and Friday or on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Due to the large class of beginners, the Department of Physical Education has decided that for the present only First Year men who cannot swim may take swimming at the Big Tree Swimming Pool for their regular exercise requirements. Upper classmen may use the pool.

Squash, indoor baseball, and basketball will be put on an interdormitory basis as soon as they are well under way, the results counting in the result of the dormitory championship which will be awarded in the spring.