UNIVERSITY LOSES TO M. I. T. HOCKEY TEAM IN STIFF SCRIMMAGE

COACHES PLAN SCRIMMAGE AS TEST FOR TEAM A

In a stiff 30-minute scrimmage yesterday afternoon, the University hockey squad, in its first work-out since Wednesday, went down to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of the M. I. T. players, whom the Crimson defeated by the same score last week. Coaches Claflin and Winsor were both present at the practice.

Two new men were in the line-up of team A of the University, G. G. Walker '24 took the place of Donald Angler '22 at left wing, while T. F. Sherman '24 went through the entire scrimmage at goal. Both of these players showed up very well in the practice game, Sherman stopping all but one shot and Walker almost breaking through the M. I. T. defense on several occasions.

The two sextets were very evenly matched throughout the scrimmage. The speed of the University attack gave the Crimson more chances to score, but Coach Claflin's men did not take advantage of their opportunities. The M. I. T. tally came near the end of the afternoon after the University substitutes had been sent in.

For the first time this year Coach Claflin managed the scrimmage as if it were a regular game, sending in his regulars at first, then lefting them have a breathing spell, and then giving them another chance to see action.