A GAME WITH DARTMOUTH

Holiday dullness in news items is suddenly brightened with the announcement that Dartmouth is to be on the University's 1922 football schedule. The open date has been filled speculatively again and again by imaginative sport editors, and many of their suggestions--Pitt, California, Nebraska--would have been welcome games if they had been arranged. But none of them, so far as we are aware, stretched their imaginations to the extent of proposing Dartmouth; yet it is safe to say that no other college not already on our schedule would be welcomed more eagerly by the student body. Dartmouth and Harvard are natural rivals for New England honors; they have met regularly in almost every other sport. Both are supported by an unusually large number of alumni who live in this part of the country. In spite of early snows and a rather isolated location Dartmouth turns out some fine football teams. Nothing is more logical than that the Green meet the Crimson, and certainly the renewal of these contests, after a ten years' breach, meets with the hearty approval of Harvard's graduates and undergraduates alike.