GENERAL DIAZ TO SPEAK AT UNION ON THURSDAY

Meeting, Open Only to Union Members, Will Be Held at 5 o'Clock--To Be Given Reception in Widener by Faculty

General Armando Diaz, commander-in-chief of the Italian army and one of the outstanding figures of the War, will speak in the Living Room of the Union on Thursday, December 8, at 5 o'clock. The meeting will be open to members of the Union only. Before going to the Union he will be given a reception at the Widener Memorial Library.

This speech will be but a small part of a strenuous day that the general will pass. Arriving at the South Station at 8 o'clock in the morning and proceeding directly to the Hotel Somerset, he will then be escorted by a patrol of mounted police first to the State House where he will be received by Governor C. H. Cox, L. '04, and then to the City Hall where Mayor A. J. Peters '95 will tender a reception.

After a luncheon given by Mayor Peters at the Somerset General Diaz will be escorted to the State House where he will review the military parade, then to the Common where a presentation will be made by Boston Italians. Following this ceremony he will leave for Cambridge.

The general is expected to arrive at the University from Boston, with his party, at 4.30 o'clock. He will proceed directly to the Widener Library, and on his arrival a battery of the Field Artillery Unit will fire the general's salute. A short reception to which members of the Faculty are invited, will be given for him at the Widener Room in the Library, after which General Diaz will go to the Union.