BASKETBALL TEAM IN FIRST TEST TOMORROW EVENING AT 8 O'CLOCK

LINE-UP FOR TOMORROW'S GAME STILL UNCERTAIN

Tomorrow evening at 8 o'clock on the main floor of Hemenway Gymnasium Coach Wachter's basketball team will face the first trial of its second season as an organized sport when it lines up against the Connecticut Agricultural College team. Since the original 48 men reported to Coach Wachter two weeks ago, the squad has been brought along rapidly and has gradually been reduced to a more workable size. Last Monday it was cut to 38 men while today's workout will find but 28 players remaining.

So far Coach Wachter has been experimenting with many different combinations of men and will probably not pick a definite first team until after the third or fourth contest of the season. A general idea of the more promising men on the squad and of those most liable to get into the game tomorrow is to be gained from the makeup of the two quintets which clashed in the exhibition contest Friday night. These players were as follows; forwards, Captain A. E. McLeish '23, Lewis Gordon '24, M. B. Lowenthal '23, and D. H. Stevens '24; centers, A. S. Love '22 and H. B. Tyson '23; backs, G. T. Barker '23, D. F. Egan '23, H. E. Feiring '23 and W. V. Miller '23. R. W. Fitts '23, one of last season's regulars, was out with an injured hand last week but will probably be available tomorrow night, but J. M. Hartley 2nd '23, a last year's substitute, will not practice until after Christmas because of a pulled tendon.

Although its first game is not to be played until January 6, the 1925 squad is also coming along rapidly. About 70 men are now reporting, but within the next day or two the squad will be reduced to about half this size by sending some of the players to the interdormitory squad. Coach Tolbert intends to keep on with fundamental work until Christmas and will pick no first team until after the holidays. Informal scrimmages will undoubtedly be held constantly, however, as this has been found the most satisfactory way of sifting the large group of players.