INTERCOLLEGIATE GLEE CLUB CONTEST PLANNED

UNIVERSITY CLUB TO PARTICIPATE

According to the plans recently completed, the Intercollegiate Glee Club contest in which the University Club will take part, will be held February 26, in the Town Hall, 123 West 43d street, N. Y. City. The last contest of this kind was in 1917.

The first competition was held in 1914 when the University Glee Club was instrumental in arranging for the contest. The aim was to acquaint the different college clubs with good music, and to that end a "prize song" was selected which was to be sung by all the clubs, as well as a light or humorous song and a college song to be selected by the colleges themselves. The University Glee Club of New York City donated a trophy, three legs of which must be won for permanent possession. In 1914 the University, in 1915 Princeton, in 1916 Dartmouth, and again in 1917 the University Glee Club won the contest, so that one more victory will give the University the trophy.

First Meeting Since War

Because of the war there were no further contests, but last spring a meeting of representatives of the University, Princeton, Columbia, Dartmouth, Amherst, and the University of Pennsylvania was held at the Harvard Club of New York, and plans for the coming contest were completed. The movement has been incorporated under the name of the Intercollegiate Musical Corporation with the six colleges mentioned above as charter members. Any other college may apply for admission and become an associate member. This year New York University and Penn State College will enter with the charter members.

"My Love," by Horatio Parker, has been chosen as the prize song, and only 28 men, led by an undergraduate, will be allowed to sing. The University Club has not yet selected its songs. As a conclusion to the concert the clubs will sing together the "Stein Song," by F. F. Bullard, and afterwards the University singers have been invited by the University Glee Club of New York to attend a smoker at the D. K. E. Club which is just a block from the Town Hall, where refreshments and an entertainment have been arranged.