GLEE CLUB TO GIVE CONCERT

MUSICIANS COMPOSE FOR CLUB

On Wednesday evening, March 2nd, under Dr. Davison's direction, the Glee Club will give a concert in the Living Room of the Union for Union members at eight o'clock. This concern will be the club's only appearance in Cambridge this year with the exception of the concerts on the steps of Widener during the month of May. Because of the wide interest caused by the Glee Club's Western and foreign trips, and the controversy over the name of the club, it was thought that the undergraduates of the University should have an opportunity to hear the Club at Cambridge, and accordingly the Governing Board of the Union extended an invitation to Dr. Davison to have the Glee Club give this performance.

As has been previously announced, the Glee Club intends to visit France, Italy, Belgium and England this summer. Of late the trip has acquired a greater significance than it formerly had on account of the welcome and efforts of such societies as the "Societe France-Amerique" and the "Italy-America Society", as well as the invaluable interest shown by certain European officials who seem to find in this project an admirable opportunity for expressing their warm friendship toward America.

The interest in the trip which musicians both here and abroad have shown may be indicated by the fact that several special compositions have been received by the Glee Club. The latest manuscript to come into its hands has been the chorus of Georges Auric, one of the young modern French composers, whose work, according to word received today from the management, has just arrived in New York.

Enough money has now been raised to make certain at least a part of the trip.