GLEE CLUB IN NEW YORK

Intercollegiate Singing Competition to Take Place Tonight--D. T. W. McCord Writes Lyrics

The University Glee Club will meet the singers of seven other colleges at 8 o'clock at the Town Hall, New York City, this evening in the annual intercollegiate glee club contest. Twenty-eight men, led by L. R. Ring '22, will compete for the University.

The first piece will be a light song, "Now Is the Month of Maying," by Marley. "Old Harvard," to be sung to the tune of the Belgian National Anthem, with the words especially written for the occasion by D. T. M. McCord '21, has been selected for the second song of the University singers, while the feature of the evening will be a prize song, Horatio Parker's "My Love," which will be rendered by each one of the competing clubs. At the end the "Stein Song," by F. F. Bullard, will be sung by all of the clubs together.

This is the fifth intercollegiate competition, the University having won twice, and Dartmouth and Princeton each with one victory A cup presented by the University Glee Club of New York is the prize, three legs of which must be won for permanent possession, so that should the University Club come out on top in this evening's concert, the cup would become the permanent property of the club.

After the concert the singers have been invited to a smoker at the D. K. E. House by the University Glee Club of New York.