BOXING TOURNAMENT TO START MARCH 29

Trial Bouts to be Held at Bemenway on That Date--Final Matches Scheduled For Friday, April 1--Contestants Divided into Seven Classes

Trial buts for the Boxing Championships of the University will be conducted in the Bemenway Gymnasium on Tuesday, March 29, at 8 P. M. Some of the semi-finals and the final bouts will be held in the Bemenway Gymnasium on April 1, at 8 P. M. If the number of entries requires it, other additional preliminary bouts will be held at the Gymnasium on afternoons before the regular trials, to be announced later.

No admission will be charged for the preliminary and trail brutes, but there will be a charge of $.50 for admission and $1.00 for admission and reserved seat at the finals on April 1.

Entries must be made not later than Friday, March 18, by signing up at Leavitt and Peirce's, the H. A. A., or with Mr. Connelly, the boxing instructor, who will be at the Bemenway Gymnasium on any Monday, Wednesday or Friday afternoon. All students attending any department of the University and not on probation, are eligible to enter.

Contests will be held in the following classes:

115 Pounds.--Bantamweight

125 Pounds.--Featherweight

135 Pounds.--Lightweight

145 Pounds.--Welterweight

160 Pounds.--Middleweight

175 Pounds.--Light, Heavyweight

Over 175 Pounds.--Heavyweight

No contestant shall give or take more than two pounds, and all must have a medical examination. Notification of the time of this examination will be sent to all men who enter.

Contestants must weigh in for evening bouts between the and five o'clock of the same afternoon, and for afternoon buts between eleven and two o'clock, at the Gymnasium in both in stances.

Bouts will consist of three rounds of

two minutes each, with one minute rest between rounds. In case of a disagreement by the judges, the referee may render the decision or may order an extra two minute round.

Decisions will be based on the allotment of 20 points for each round; 14 points for attack and defense; 4 points for generalship, and 2 points for aggressiveness. Points will be deducted for holding and infraction of the rules. Hitting below the belt, or any other unfair means of getting advantage of an opponent, will constitute a foul,--penalty, disqualification.

The officials will be a referee, two judges, and a timekeeper