THREE WEEKS

Coach Fisher's policy of holding only a short spring foot-ball practice differs radically from that followed by our chief rivals, Yale and Princeton. Yale trains from September to the last of November and from early in February until Commencement; Princeton for only a slightly shorter period. The Harvard squad is busy for half as many months.

It might well be supposed that such a policy would result in our entering the regular fall season at a decided disadvantage. Four months extra training seems a huge handicap to be overcome.

But the fact that this short spring practice has been a part of the University policy since the Haughton system was first adopted dispels any apprehension that we are failing to prepare sufficiently for the coming season. We can scarcely find fault with any part of a system which has proved so successful. The system, however, can reach its greatest effectiveness only when coach and players alike take their full share. Continued success next fall demands that when the season opens today, a squad even larger than in past years should report.