Ultra-Radicals Rampant

COMMENT

In newspapers of April 4 a Cambridge (Mass.) dispatch reported the forming "at Harvard University" of an Intercollegiate Liberal League. Harvard men particularly and the public generally are entitled to know just what indorsemen of this movement by the Harvard authorities is conveyed by the words "at Harvard University".

The study of liberalism is one thing, but for an institution charactered and helped by the state, and so a quasi arm of the government to encourage theerists whose one intelligible common aim is to break down the existing order of things seems hardly ethical. Do we commonly give our support to men whom we know to be continually knocking us-- constantly plotting for our undoing?

Read over the list of speakers and then tell me if I am not warranted in asking whether the suthorities of a college to which I owe much and to which I have hoped to send my boy indorsed these ultra-radicals by by officially offering them a forum and encouraging them in their propaganda. C. H. HOLMES '94, in N. Y. Tribune.