BINGHAM PICKS 29 MEN TO GO ON TRIP WITH TRACK TEAM

TO LEAVE BOSTON AT 2 O'CLOCK TOMORROW AFTERNOON

After the time trials which were held yesterday afternoon at Soldiers Field, twenty-nine men were chosen by Coaches Bingham and Farrell, and Captain O'Connell to make up the track team to go on the trip to Penn State and University of Pennsylvania during the recess. They are Captain O'Connell, F. G. Bemis '22, W. C. Bennett '23, J. F. Brown '22, Vinton Chapin '23, Richard Chute '22, H. F. Colt '22, Thomas Coolidge '23, H. R. Davis '23, E. T. Doherty '21, C. B. G. Evans '22, R. W. Fitts '23, A. J. Fox '21, W. F. Goodell '21, E. O. Gourdin '21, Mitchell Gratwick '22, R. W. Harwood ocC., C. R. Hauers '23, R. D. Howard '23, R. N. Johnson '22, J. E. Kennedy '23, C. G. Krogness '21, H. M. Mahon '22, G. G. Monks '21, C. E. Reycroft '21, J. R. Tolbert '22, C. H. Wansker '22, Bayard Wharton '22, R. S. Whitney '22.

These men, with Coaches Bingham and Farrell and two managers will leave the South Station at 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon, and arrive at Tyrone, Pennsylvania, at 7 o'clock Sunday morning. After breakfast the team will go in autos to State College, where they will stay until after the meet on Tuesday with Penn State. During the stay the team will be the guests of the college, and live in the college dormitories. Tuesday evening the team will go to Philadelphia and remain there until after the meet with the University of Pennsylvania on Saturday. Practice will be held daily at Franklin Field in preparation for the meet.

About 160 members of the University and Freshman squads took part in the time trials held yesterday. Separate events were held for the Freshmen, as Coach Bingham wanted to get some idea of the ability of the yearlings. Although no times were given out, Coach Bingham said that they were good, and expressed satisfaction with the progress of the team so far this season.