NINE WINS PRACTICE GAME

Goode Pitches Crimson Ballplayers to 5-0 Victory Over Old Colony Trust Team

At its next to the last practice before leaving for the South, the University baseball team played an informal game yesterday at Soldiers Field with the Old Colony Trust nine, and emerged at the long end of a 5-0 score. Darkness prevented the contest from lasting more than six innings. In this short space of time, however, the University was able to gather six hits, one being a double by Captain Emmons and another a triple by Thayer. Goode was in the box for the Crimson line-up, and performed creditably, fanning nine men and allowing only two hits.

The visitors were retired in order for the first three innings, but in the fourth they connected for two hits, and seemed to threaten. A loophole appeared when, with two men on base, a Crimson player overthrew second, but Crocker's fast fielding and beautiful throw to third cut off Stone and ended the rally. The University gained its last two runs in the fifth, Conlon walked, got to second when the ball trickled out of shortstop's glove on a throw from catcher, and crossed the plate as Thayer's hard grounder skimmed the grass along the first base line for a triple.