PRINCETON NEXT

The performance of the track team at New Haven might be called at some universities a "moral victory". It was a moral victory in every sense of the word; the Crimson team, fighting from event to event, gave an exhibition of the new spirit in track that filled every Harvard man with pride and made him rejoice in the knowledge that he will not have to speak apologetically of a Crimson track team for a long time to come. The fighting spirit has often been lacking in the dreary seasons since 1916; this year, thanks to Coach Bingham and the men on the squad, it has become common to every track man.

But the meet had more significance than that of a moral victory. In indicated that if the same spirit is shown in the meet with Princeton next Saturday we will have a victory of points. Comparative times and records promise an extremely close match; it is for the track team to continue its good work and take the outcome of the meet out of the reach of the critics' calculations by again adding the indeterminable elemen of fight which no critic can reckon in points.