1924 CREW B WINS LAST REGATTA EVENT

Finishes With Lead of More Than a Length and a Quarter Over West Lynn Boat Club, Which Crosses Line in Second Place--Exeter Takes Third

The race for intermediate eights held early Saturday afternoon ended a very successful Invitation Regatta. With four crews entered in that event the second Freshman eight led its nearest rival over the mile course by a length and a quarter. The second Norton Boat Club crew was expected to give the Freshmen a strong fight but one of the men in the club boat shipped his oar in the first few strokes and had to row the rest of the race with his oar loose in the lock. As it was, the West Lynn Boat Club furnished strong opposition, keeping close to the yearlings all the way and fighting for every inch of the length and a quarter which the Freshmen opened up on them. Exeter took third place, two lengths behind the Lynn crew, and the Norton shall came across last.

The Browne and Nichols crews, coached by Jim Manning, have taken the honors in most of the events of this spring's regatta, especially in the four-oared races.

The Freshman manager-coxswain wherry competition was decided on Saturday, when A. H. Tully defeated J. H. Sherburne Jr., in front of the Weld Boat-house, by two lengths.