ENGINEERING CAMP AT SQUAM OPENS FOR 8-WEEK SESSION

Engineering School Students Leave Today -- Courses Open to Men in College as Well -- Instructors Have Left

The Engineering Camp At Squam Lake, which has been reestablished as one of the regular activities of the Engineering School, opens today for an eight-week session. Students will leave for Camp this morning at 9 o'clock from the North Station. Mr. Albert Haertlein '16, instructor in civil engineering, and Mr. C. N. Palge, instructor in surveying, who are to teach at the Camp this summer have already left.

The camp courses are open both to engineering students and college students, and may count either for a college or an engineering degree. Although the instruction provides training which is required in some of the engineering programs, the subject matter is treated from the standpoint of making the courses desirable electives for those who do not intend to become engineers. The broader aspects of engineering and related economic problems are brought out; and the aim is to develop personal responsibility, efficiency and accuracy.