UNIVERSITY CABLES OXFORD CONCERNING EVENTS AND SCORING

SECOND PLACES WILL PROBABLY COUNT IN CASE OF TIE

After the meeting of the Graduate Track Advisory Committee held last night in the Varsity Club, the following telegram was sent to Oxford:

Bevil Rudd, Oxford University, Oxford, England.

Understand from Associated Press that you desire shot-put added to former schedule. Therefore suggest following events: 100-yard dash, 440-yard dash, 880-yard run, mile run, two-mile run, 120-yard high-hurdles, shot-put, hammer-throw, broad-jump, high-jump. Suggest Olympic rules govern meet, also suggest second places count in case of tie. FRED W. MOORE.

It is probable that the English teams will agree to these conditions, with the exception of the two-mile race, as it is understood that they prefer to run the three-mile distance. The counting of second places, if the suggestion is accepted by the Englishmen, will be an innovation in International meets. In the four previous meets, it was unnecessary to provide for the case of a tie score, as only nine events were held.

The track team will meet at 1.30 this afternoon at Notman's to have the picture taken, and to elect the captain for next year.

Training for the meet, for both the Yale and Harvard teams, will probably begin on June 27. Plans for the training have not yet been completed, but it is likely that both teams will train together somewhere in the neighborhood of Boston, and will come to Cambridge for the meet only. Whether the Yale authorities will agree to this is not yet known. The runners who are to be kept here to train for the meet have not yet been picked, but Coach Bingham plans to announced the list soon.