FRESHMAN CLASS WELCOMED

Nearly Five Hundred Men From 1925 Attend Annual P. B. H. Reception to Hear Prominent Speakers

Nearly five hundred Freshmen attended the annual Phillips Brooks House Reception last evening, at which the heads of various undergraduate organizations and Dr. R. H. Howe Jr. '01 and Mr. W. I. Tibbetts '17 spoke. Richard Chute '22, President of the Phillips Brooks House Association, opened the meeting by welcoming the class of 1925 and by explaining the aims and use of the association.

Singing by the University Glee Club was followed by short talks by the presidents of the CRIMSON, Lampoon, Advocate and the Glee Club. Dr. Howe told of the advantages offered to 1925 by the fact that it was entering the College when things were really back to normal. R. K. Kane '22, captain of the University football team, asked the class to be loyal to Harvard and told of the unusual set of football coaches working with the Freshman team. The difference between the "getting" and "giving" type was described by Mr. Tibbetts, who said that Phillips Brooks House would be glad to receive the help of the latter type.