NEW COURSES TO BE GIVEN BY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL ETHICS

Prof. R. C. Cabot '89 to Give Seminary Course for Graduate Students--Lecturers to Speak in New Half Course

A new seminary course is offered in the Social Ethics Department this year by Professor Richard C. Cabot '89, which will deal with the preparation and analysis of social case records. This course will be open only to a limited number of Graduate students and of persons professionally engaged in social case work.

A new half-course in the second half-year on the Management of Institutions and Welfare Agencies will be given by Professor James Ford '85 in conjunction with the following special lectures:--Sanford Bates LL. B., Commissioner of Correction, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, lecturer on Administration of Correctional Institutions. John E. Fish M. D., Superintendent, Massachusetts Hospital School, Canton, lecturer on Institution Management. Robert W. Kelso '09, LL.B., Executive Secretary, Boston Council of Social Agencies; lecturer on Supervision and Control of Welfare Institutions. John F. Moors '83, A. M., LL. D., President, Family Welfare Society of Boston, lecturer on Emergency Relief. Thomas C. O'Brien A. B., Commissioner of Institutions, City of Boston, lecturer on Administration of Municipal Welfare Institutions. William H. Pear '89, General Agent, Boston Provident Association, lecturer on Endowed Charities. Stockton Raymond, General Secretary, Family Welfare Society of Boston, lecturer on Administration of Welfare Institutions.

The courses offered for professional students in Social Ethics for this academic year have been changed by the withdrawal of Social Ethics 26, "Methods of Social Investigation", and the substitution of Social Ethics 27, "Social Service Diagnosis and Case work", in the first half-year. Professor Ford's course in the Purpose, Form and Technique of Social Service, Housing and Town Planning and Community Organization will be given as originally announced.