BASKETBALL TEAM IN TWO DIFFICULT GAMES THIS WEEK

LATTER PART OF SCHEDULE MUCH THE HARDER

M. A. C. tomorrow and Worcester Polytechnic Institute on Saturday are the teams which the University basketball team will meet this week. Both games are expected to be difficult and close, especially the latter, since the Engineer quintet has already taken the University's measure 32-18 at Worcester. The contest with M. A. C. will also be a stiff trial since the Aggies vanquished M. I. T. 22 to 9 while a week ago the Crimson also defeated the Engineers 31 to 27.

With a record of five victories out of the nine games played so far, Coach Wachter and his men are confident that they will be able to add again to the victory column during the coming five days. With the contest Saturday with Worcester Tech the first half of the team's season will close, and the quintet will enter the final and by far the most difficult part of the schedule. With contests with New Hampshire State and Amherst next week, on February 7 the five will journey down to New Haven for the first of two contests with Yale. On February 11, the team will make a trip to Dartmouth when an evening game will provide the final athletic feature of the last day of the annual Dartmouth Winter Carnival, other features of which will be a ski jumping contest, and a swimming meet between the Hanover college and Williams.

The Dartmouth contest will be the last game played away from Hemenway this year with the exception of a short excursion to the Walker Memorial Gym on March 3 for the return game with M. I. T. Other contests until this time, however, include games with Boston University on February 14, Williams on February 16, Rhode Island State on February 21, Tufts on February 24, and Brown on the 28th.