SECOND AND FRESHMAN HOCKEY MEN IN GAME

High Wind Plays Most Important Part in 2-2 Tie--Yearlings to be Well Tested Against Fast Cambridge Latin Team Tomorrow

The Freshman and Second University hockey squads had a stiff scrimmage game yesterday afternoon on the Charlesbank rinks, but any comparing of the yearling work with the playing on Saturday would be futile as the strong wind prevented any speedy skating. The teams had to change goals frequently as the forward line facing the wind was at a great disadvantage.

The second team is now under the direction of Captain Burden, as former Coach White was forced to resign his position because of a lack of time. P. L. Romaine '23 was to have taken his place as second team mentor, but due to the absence of Coach Humphrey he will coach the yearlings for the remainder of the week till the latter again takes up his duties.

The second team has been unfortunate in another postponement of the Newton High game which was to have been played yesterday, but efforts are still under way to add more games to the present schedule. The yearlings began direct preparation for their Wednesday's game with Cambridge Latin by a blackboard talk which pointed out the faults of the Andover contest.

The line-up for yesterday's scrimmage follows: FRESHMEN  SECONDS Peirson, Gibb, r.w.  l.w., Guild Hodder, Bonbright, Mann, c.  c., Hovey, Butman Burgess, Austin, l.w.  r.w., Ladd Hammond, Hodder, c.p.  c.p., Bancroft, Dempsey Chase, Bowland, Danker, p.  p., Burden, Hitchcock Cantillon, Blake, g.  g., Dole, Brigham

Score: Freshmen 2, Seconds 2. Goals: Ladd 2, Austin, Bonbright.