DR. HOWE GIVES ADDRESS TO 1926 COXSWAINS

Speaks in Smith Halls Common Room-Stresses River Rowing Rules-Coach Haines to Talk to Freshman Oarsmen Tonight at 7.30.

Dr. Howe addressed a meeting of Freshman coxswains yesterday evening in Smith Halls Common Room. To the 16 men who are coxing 1926 crews this fall he gave general instructions regarding the use of the rudder, landing, etiquette of the river and the coxing of a race.

Stresses River Rowing Rules

One of the points particularly stressed during the meeting was the necessity of all coxswains adhering strictly to the rules regarding rowing on the river. With the large number of shells now, in use the question of making room for all presents a problem of some importance at present, and Dr. Howe made it clear that it was in this respect that the functions of a coxswain played a necessary part.

1926 Oarsmen Meet Tonight

Tonight at 7.30 Coach H. H. Haines will address a meeting of all Freshman oarsmen in Smith Halls Common Room. This meeting is one of the most important of the 1926 fall season, both for purposes of organization and of instruction in the finer principles of rowing. All men should bring their "quiz-cards".