ROWING AND FOOTBALL PROVE POPULAR SPORTS

Over 200 Members of 1926 Engaged in Them--Freshmen Who Have Not Signed Up for Organized Sport Must Report for Physical Training Today

Over one-quarter of the Freshman class is engaged this fall in football or crew, according to statistics just announced by the Department of Physical Training. To date 128 have signed up for crew, 92 for football, 34 for track, 30 for equitation, 16 for cross-country, 15 for soccer, and two for lacrosse.

All Freshmen who have not reported at Wadsworth 6 to sigh up for some organized sport must report today for physical training at the Freshman Athletic Building. Lists have been posted arranging men in four sections, which meet respectively at 1.45, 2.45, 3.45, and 4.45.

Men in these sections may choose some exercise such as tennis, handball, rowing (in singles), or the gymnasium class. For those who cannot swim, opportunity is offered to learn: but swimming cannot be chosen as an exercise by any who are able to swim.

At the section meetings today men will again be urged to consider the possibility of electing one of the organized sports, any one of which may still be joined. Football aspirants may play on dormitory teams and men may elect sports, such as lacrosse and fencing.