HOLD INTERCLASS DEBATING TONIGHT

Will Discuss Limiting of Harvard Schedule to Yale Game Supplemented With Intramural Contests

The preliminaries of the interclass debate series will take place this evening at 7.30 o'clock, according to the following schedule.

Freshmen, affirmative vs. Sophomores, negative; Smith Halls Common Room.

Juniors, negative vs. Seniors, affirmative; Harvard 6.

The subject of both debates will be: Resolved: "That Harvard should limit intercollegiate football to one annual contest with Yale, supplementing it with the Oxford system of intramural contests".

Give Personnel of Teams

The men who will take part in the debate are:

Seniors.--L. B. Young, captain; R. H. Cresman, S. J. Fellenstein.

Juniors.--W. T. Howe, captain; J. B. Bieser, M. S. Silbert.

Sophomores.--G. E. Barton, captain; E. H. Smith, B. G. Beckhoffer.

Freshmen.--W. S. Stone, captain; H. C. Davidson, H. M. Hart.

Three undergraduates, all members of the Harvard Debating Council, will act as judges for the Freshman-Sophomore debate. They are: R. S. Fanning '23, R. S. Bowers '24, J. C. Hover '23. The judges for the Junior-Senior debate will be members of the graduate schools, and have not yet been chosen by the Debating Council.

The debate will be open to all members of the University. In trying to evolve a new method of rendering a decision in the judging of debates, the Debating Council has resolved to try an experiment, combining the English system of popular judgement on the merits of the case with the American system of decision by judges on the superiority of argument and presentation. Tonight the audience will render a decision on the merits of the case, and the judges on the presentation. Whether the two will agree is the point of interest in the experiment. The judges' decision, however, will be taken as final.