UNIVERSITY GYM MEN BEGIN WORK TONIGHT

Captain Wood and Manager Eaton Will Address Meeting at 7 o'Clock in Hemenway-No Indian Club Swinging in Meets This Year

The University gym team will start work for the 1922-1923 season with a meeting of all candidates in Hemenway Gymnasium at 7 o'clock this evening. At this time H. A. Wood '24, the captain of the University team, will explain the kind of training that is necessary for the successful gymnastic performer, and G. C. Eaton '23, the manager, will tell the new men the arrangements that will be made for conducting practice. Second assistant manager candidates have also been called out, and will report at 5 o'clock this afternoon in Hollis 16, when Manager Eaton will outline the plans of the competition.

The number of events for which candidates must prepare this year has been reduced from six to five by the action of the Intercollegiate Gymnastic Association last spring. Under this new agreement Indian club swinging will be dropped in as much as this event was considered to consume too much time in the meets.