WEATHER HAMPERS FOOTBALL PLAYERS

Holder and Jenkins Probable Choices for Ends, Eastman and Dunker for Tackles--Squad to Rest at Oakley C. C.

The slippery condition of the field in the Stadium yesterday prevented Coach Fisher from holding a regular scrimmage as had been planned, and unless the gridiron dries off before this afternoon no more scrimmaging will be held until after the Princeton game for fear of serious injuries which have been in the main avoided this season.

Team A lined up as on Monday with the exception of Gehrke, who had a laboratory period throughout the afternoon and was prevented from taking part in the practice. Churchill filled his place on the first eleven which included Buell, Owen, and Chapin in the backfield with Jenkins and Holder ends, Eastman and Dunker tackles, C. J. Hubbard and Grew guards, and Clark center. There is little question but that Coach Fisher will start team A intact on Saturday.

Yesterday's practice consisted of a half hour defensive dummy scrimmage between team A and the second eleven, after which the first string men went outside of the Stadium for a long signal drill. The second eleven then held a defensive dummy scrimmage with team B which lined up with Hartley and Gordon ends, Hobson and Greenough tackles, Miller and Kunhardt guards, Kernan center, Spalding quarterback, Rouillard, Harlow, and Fullbright backs.

Fitts Shifted to Backfield

Fitts has been permanently shifted into the backfield of team C and ran through the signal drill with that combination yesterday.

The University squad will go to the Oakley Country Club after the practice tomorrow, returning for classes Friday morning. In the afternoon the three Crimson elevens will run through a light signal drill and then return to Oakley where they will stay until noon on Saturday.

The Princeton squad will arrive in Boston at 7.15 o'clock Friday morning and will motor directly to the Belmont Country Club, which they will make their headquarters. At 10 o'clock on Friday morning they will practice in the Stadium for two hours.