ANNOUNCE PROBABLE SATURDAY'S LINE-UP

Despite Rapid Healing of Injury, Star Back Will Not be Used Unless Necessary--Seconds Put on Tiger Plays

Following yesterday's practice Coach Fisher announced that, barring any unforeseen difficulties which might force a shift, he would start team A intact against Princeton Saturday. The opening line-up for the Crimson will thus be from left to right: Jenkins and Holder ends, Eastman and Dunker tackles, C. J. Hubbard and Grew guards, Clark center, Buell quarterback, Owen and Chapin halfbacks, Gehrke fullback.

A slippery field again prevented any regular scrimmage yesterday but team A held a defensive dummy scrimmage for 15 minutes with the second eleven. Coach Knox's men put on Princeton plays but failed to make much headway against the University forwards. In the team A line-up Kunhardt temporarily filled C. J. Hubbard's place at guard as the latter had a class which kept him from the practice.

Following its work-out with the black-jerseyed men, the University eleven opposed team B in a dummy scrimmage which consisted almost entirely of punting. Team B lined up with Hartley and Gordon ends, Greenough and Hobson tackles, Anthony and Miller guards, Kernan center, Spalding quarterback: Churchill, Coburn, and Fitts backs. The line-up included two changes: Coburn was back again after an absence of more than two weeks and Fitts was shifted from the team C backfield. In the dummy scrimmage Gehrke and Owen alternated in the punting for team A while Churchill and Fitts did the kicking for B.

At the conclusion of that practice, Coach Fisher sent team A through a long signal drill during which he tried several substitutions. Fitts was sent in for Holder at right end, Kernan for Clark at center, and Churchill for Chapin in the backfield. Spalding replaced Buell at quarterback during part of signal drill and was himself later replaced by Pfaffman.

Although Coburn's injury has healed more rapidly than had been expected, making him fit for play by Saturday, it is highly doubtful if he will be used except in a case of necessity.