HOCKEY PRACTICE BEGINS THIS AFTERNOON AT 4 O'CLOCK AT THE ARENA

FRESHMAN PLAYERS TO MEET AT 7.30 MONDAY

The University hockey squad will report for the first practice of the season this afternoon at 4 o'clock at the Boston Arena. In order to provide for a greater facility in handling the large number of candidates, the men will be divided into two squads, one of which will practice from 4 to 5 o'clock and the other from 5 to 6 o'clock. These two squads are decided upon on no question of merit but simply on one of convenience and should not in any way be considered as squads A and B relatively speaking. Lists will be posted in Leavitt and Peirce's today showing with which squad the different men are to report.

It has been announced that today's practice will consist chiefly in a drill in the fundamentals of passing and checking back.

Freshmen to Meet Monday

The Freshman hockey season will begin on next Monday with a meeting of all candidates for the team in Smith Halls Common Room at 7.30 o'clock. W. H. Claflin '15, coach of the University team, and Donald Angier 1L., coach of the Freshman team, and former University player, will outline the plans for the season and the Harvard system of play. Practice will begin as soon as there is sound ice on the Charlesbank rinks. Candidates for Freshman manager will be called out at that time.