HOCKEY TEAM PREPARES FOR CONTEST WITH B. U.

To Play Opening Game at Arena Tomorrow Night--Scrimmage With M. I. T. Yesterday--Seconds Start Work Tomorrow Afternoon

The University hockey schedule will open tomorrow evening with the contest with Boston University at 8.15 o'clock at the Arena. The team in its recent informal practice scrimmages has shown a considerable increase in power. Yesterday's practice consisted chiefly in a scrimmage with M. I. T. in which the University players kept the puck consistently within the rival territory, working well as a unit and seldom letting the Tech forwards pierce the Crimson defence.

Give Team A Line-Up

The team that started the scrimmage consisted of Malcolm Dole '24, goal; George Owen Jr. '23 and W. E. Crosby '24, defence; E. M. Beals '25, center; Joseph Larocque '23 and G. G. Walker '24, wings. First substitutions were: G. C. Guild '23 for Beals; F. S. Hill '24 for Walker; Nelson Cabot '24 for Larocque; Chandler Bigelow '25 for Dole; H. M. Bohlen '25 for Crosby.

No definite line-up tomorrow's game will be announced until tomorrow night.

B. U. Men Inexperienced

The Boston University players will face the University handicapped by lack of experience in playing as a single unit, since this is the first year that B. U. has attempted to take part in intercollegiate hockey. Coach J. J. O'Hare, has, however, some very good individual players from which to pick his sextet.

It has been announced that the University second team will begin practice tomorrow afternoon at 2.45 o'clock at the Charlesbank Rinks.