THE NORTHERN TRIANGLE

Undergraduates have sometimes disappeared into the wilds of Labrador for two months of the summer vacation, and on their return their enthusiasm has been somewhat puzzling to their friends. They have been full of their experiences, but their descriptions have usually fallen short of the facts. Few listeners have more of an idea of Labrador than a vague name on the map of North America, and it is to them that Doctor Grenfell will turn tonight when he speaks of the fascination of his work and what it is accomplishing.

Men who have spent the summer helping in this work have found opportunities for cruising and exploration combined with the labor required. Few have gone, but as the proportions of the undertaking have grown, there has arisen a need for more men--especially those with medical or mechanical knowledge.

Dr. Grenfell's mission is not an effort to bolster up an inferior race in a fight against hopeless conditions of living, in an impossible land. It is an attempt to educate a people to take care of themselves, and to make the most of the world in which they live. In laying the foundation for a greater Labrador--a province which will represent more than a mere triangle on the upper-right-hand part of the map, it is "missionary work" in its highest and most practical sense.