THE CARDS ARE OUT

Hockey at Harvard has occupied in the past few years very much the position of the successful profiteer trying to get recognized in "society". Hockey has always attracted large interest and after determined efforts succeeded in making the "big four" major sports move over to make room for a fifth.

But with that triumph, hockey was forced to be content until now. University teams continued winning with great regularity, but the games, always in a non-Harvard rink, came to be regarded more as a spectacle than as a college activity to be supported. There was no cheering section and the seats in the Arena or at the old Ice-Pavilion were usually filled for the most part by individuals who came to watch with equal interest the professional fancy skater, the University hockey team play the Pere Marquettes and to whistle when the band played "Yoo-hoo" between periods.

But all that is changed by yesterday's announcement from the Athletic Association of the sale of season tickets for hockey; forming an organized cheering section, and,--what touches the undergraduate even more closely,--reducing the cost of admission by this means to about a third the cost of former years. Hockey has made itself an integral part of the University's athletic life and this action on the part of the Athletic Association insures the team the recognition which is its due.