UNION TO REMAIN OPEN THROUGHOUT VACATION

Library Available From 2 to 11 o'Clock--Several Dinners to be Given During Convention of Association for Advancement of Science

During the Christmas recess the various departments of the Union, it has been announced, will be open as usual. These will include the Library, open from 2 to 11 o'clock in the evening, the Pool Room, Barber Shop, and News Stand. The Restaurant will also be open, but only on an a in carte basis.

During the convention of the American Association for the Advancement of Science opening Tuesday, December 26, at Cambridge, several lunches and dinners will be given at the Union by the members of the various scientific and mathematical organizations affiliated with the national association. On Wednesday, December 27, the American Psychological Association will hold a luncheon for 100 at which Professor Theodore Lyman '97 will preside. In the evening a dinner will be given for all who have been members of the faculty of the department of Mathematics. President I. N. Hollis '99, of Worcester Polytechnic Institute will speak. A smoker will follow the dinner. On Thursday, December 28, the American Psychological Association will hold a luncheon and an informal dinner for 200 in the Living Room, and on Friday, December 29, the American Physical Society will hold its last luncheon during the convention. Following an afternoon meeting in the Quiet Room the Gamma Alpha Scientific Fraternity will hold a dinner at 7 o'clock in the Faculty Room. At the same time the American Physical Society will hold a dinner in the Living Room.