MUST APPLY FOR SEARS PRIZES BY DECEMBER 15

"Do the Public Schools Really Educate the People" Is Subject for This Year--Open Only to Undergraduates

Applicants for the 1923 Sears Prizes, which are open only to undergraduates in the College, should notify the office of the Graduate School of Education of their intention to compete not later than Friday, December 15. The subject for this year's discussion is "Do the Public Schools Really Educate the People?"

The Sears Prizes are awarded annually through the gift of Mr. Richard Sears '91, and will consist this year of one $100 and one $25 prize. Contestants will be expected to prepare a discussion of the subject announced, and will be allowed 30 minutes to present it orally, at a time in March or April to be announced later. They may read the article, or may speak with or without notes. References to books which may be of value will be posted on the bulletin board of the library of the School of Education after December 15, and contestants will be allowed the privileges of the School library in the preparation of their theses. Judges will be announced in the near future.

The Sears Prizes have been awarded for the past two years and will continue to be awarded annually through 1925. Men wishing to enter the 1923 contest should send their names and addresses to Dean H. W. Holmes '03 of the Graduate School of Education not later than the date announced above.