YOUTH OF EUROPE IS SETTING AMERICA AN EXAMPLE, SAYS PRATT

PRESIDENT C. C. LITTLE '10 SPEAKS AT 6.45 TONIGHT

Mr. G. D. Pratt, Foreign Secretary and Treasurer of the National Student Forum, speaking yesterday at the Liberal Club on the subject of the new spirit of the youth of Europe, said:

"The Youth Movement is a spontaneous manifestation of an old forgotten spirit. It is endeavoring to weave itself into the web of human society and to change some of its aims and ideals. Whether its members are right or wrong in their sentiments is not the prime consideration. The thing of most importance is that under the stimulating influences of the movement the young people are being led to take an interest in affairs of the day in a way which compares very favorably with the local college island on which the American student lives".

This evening at 6.45 o'clock President C. C. Little '10, of the University of Maine, will speak on "Race Discrimination". President Little is the youngest college president in this country. He has certain new theories with regard to education which are in marked contrast to the old system, basing his principle on the business of teaching men to think for themselves, rather than to acquire a number of facts on the authority of his instructor.

This meeting will be open to all members of the University up to the capacity of the clubhouse. It is the first of a series of discussions on race problems to be held at the Liberal Club throughout the year.